1. DOGS: Many properties welcome pets, those that do not cannot be assumed to not have owners’ pets staying. Pets are charged at £10 per head per short break or week. Pets are only accepted under the strict understanding that:
a: They are never left alone in the property
b: They are kept under control at all times
c: Guests will bring bedding and food bowls for their pets
d: They are not permitted in bedrooms or on furniture
e: We don’t consider any garden dog proof
f: Dog bans apply at certain beaches
g: All pets are up to date with flea and worming treatments
h: Guests accept total responsibility for their pet/s and the pet/s actions e.g. cleaning up mess etc.
Failure to comply with any of these points will lead to guests liability for ensuing problems and costs.
2. ALLERGIES: If any member of the holiday party suffers from an allergy to pets or other items likely to be found in new environments, please advise at time of booking. One cannot assume that because a property does not accept pets that pets (of the owner’s, neighbour’s etc) do not visit the property. Refunds cannot be considered due to allergic reactions in such circumstances.
3. BEDLINEN: Provided in all cottages. Towels and tea towels are not provided unless otherwise stated. When provided towels are for household use only, not beach. A change of bed linen will be provided ONLY if requested for bookings of 2 weeks or more. Please note on your booking form if a change of linen is required. Towels can be hired in advance (allowing at least 2 weeks notice) please ask for details.
4. COTS AND HIGHCHAIRS: One cot/travel cot and one highchair/baby diner are available on request with all properties except those which do not accept children under 3 years of age, or where otherwise stated. Details of hirers can be supplied on request. Cots and highchairs vary in age and style, please ensure you note any specific requests on our booking form or by letter, fax or email. NO LINEN OR BEDDING IS SUPPLIED FOR COTS. NB Cots & Highchairs - cots are not sterilised between lets and mattresses will be likely to have had previous occupants. Some health advice states babies should not sleep on mattresses that have been used before.
5. CENTRAL HEATING: Should you require central heating, please inform the contact number on your directions and information sheet at least 5 days before your arrival. If there is a set charge please include with your initial payment for your holiday. Some boilers can heat water and radiators separately (no immersion) so owners may charge a separate fee for guests using just hot water (during warm periods).
6. FUEL CHARGES: If there is a set charge for fuel this must be included in your initial payment for your holiday. If the charge for fuel is ‘as used’ then please leave payment at the cottage either by cash or cheque (instruction in cottage). Credit card payments can not be accepted for ‘as used’ fuel. You can use the contact number on your directions sheet if you have any queries regarding this during your holiday. Fuel charges may be subject to review during the year should national prices dictate.
7. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE: You can start your holiday from 3.00pm (unless otherwise stated) on arrival day and sadly have to leave by 10.00am on departure day. In order that the caretakers have sufficient time to clean and check the properties, please observe these times. Please leave the property in the same clean and tidy condition that you found it and report immediately and pay for/replace any damage or breakages that might occur as per Booking Condition No. 13.
8. PARKING AND NOISE: When arriving at your cottage please be courteous to other residents/visitors. Ensure that you park your car in allocated spaces or as indicated on directions and property notice boards. Please do not disturb neighbours ensuring that noise levels are kept to a minimum.
9. OLD COTTAGES and those by the sea offer character and atmosphere, but they can be prone to recurring damp patches, often during wet or humid weather. These conditions can also lead to condensation on windows/walls. Ventilation, de-humidifiers etc will alleviate these problems. However, as a general rule elderly, young or those sensitive to humidity and damp should avoid such cottages especially in the wettest periods e.g. winter and early spring.
10. ACCESS STATEMENTS are available for every property on our website - please use when choosing a holiday for guests with special requirements. Please DO NOT rely on assumptions and feel free to discuss your needs in depth to ensure you have all the available information.
11. SHORT BREAKS are available in most properties, excluding summer holidays, please ask for availability (decisions are at the discretion of the owner).
12. TELEVISION RECEPTION: can vary considerably from area to area. Satellite television often helps and some properties offer this. Satellite television is usually ‘free view’ unless otherwise stated and some require a guest’s own Sky card to access channels (‘Sky card needed’ indicates this).
13. CABLE/WIRE LINKS TO AUDIO/VISUAL APPLIANCES: Please leave all cabling as originally found to avoid call outs, extra expense and disruption to services to either yourself, future guests and the owners.
14. MOBILE RECEPTION: This can vary considerably from area to area. Please check with your service provider.
15. PHOTOGRAPHY: Occasionally property exteriors, furniture, furnishings, electrical equipment and room layouts may differ from the original photographs and description in the brochure/on the internet, these are viewed as superficial items. Any major changes to the property will be notified to the guests as soon as we are made aware of them.
16. KEYS: are your responsibility during your stay and any costs incurred through loss, damage, being locked out or keys not being returned/left, will be charged to the hirer in full.
17. MAINTENANCE: Grass cutting, gardening, window cleaning etc are all weather dependent and may be carried out during your stay.
18. COUNTRY LIFE: The countryside teems with life and different seasons & weather conditions bring different ‘visitors’ including spiders, flies, ants etc. Please let us or your contact know if we can help or advise in these circumstances as none of the solutions are permanent. Some properties also have as a precautionary measure green mouse pest control units. If you would like these removed please let a member of staff know when booking.
19. WATER PRESSURE: Please be advised that this can vary from area to area depending on many factors eg age of property, layout, position on mains line etc.
20. Coastal Cottages reserve the right to recover additional costs should changes occur in VAT, IPT or legislation that may affect pricing.
21. VISITOR COMMENTS: in visitors books and letters to owners and Coastal Cottages may be used for future marketing purposes.
22. DATA PROTECTION: Information stored will only be shared within our group of companies being Activity Wales Ltd and the Tourism Marketing Group Ltd.
23. ALTERATIONS: All brochure information is correct at time of printing but Coastal Cottages reserve the right to alter them where necessary. E+OE (errors and omissions excepted/excluded).